The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
If you follow bloggers or are an avid Nordstrom lover like myself, chances are you have heard about or shopped the #NSale. I really went back and forth on if I wanted to cover the sale on my blog because there are so many resources and it can be a bit overwhelming but decided “why not” because some of my readers may be interested and would have not otherwise heard about it! Plus, I used to work for Nordstrom and have experience on the other side of the sale!
What Is The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
The Anniversary Sale is an annual event hosted by Nordstrom showcasing all NEW inventory for fall. Most retailers don’t have sales or discounts on merchandise for an upcoming season, only after, so this is huge! I love Nordstrom because they are a one stop shop and offer a variety of different price points. Everything from Women’s Clothing , Shoes, Beauty, Men’s, Jackets, Kids, Home – you name it – it’s on sale!
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Misconceptions
I love the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, it is a lot of fun and who doesn’t love a deal?! However, in the blogging world it has become a bit extreme in my opinion. There is a lot of oversharing and verbiage that makes you feel like you”need” to shop the sale or buy this hot sweater of the season. When you start to feel pressure to buy, that is when it is not so fun anymore.
When it comes to Anniversary season SALE is a buzz word – just because something is on sale does not mean it is worth the hype or worth buying. That being said, there are a few things that are a great buy and definitely worth checking out if it is something you are in need of, have been eyeing etc.
I think the sale is a great time for investment pieces, stocking up on beauty items you use frequently and gifts! The higher ticket items are where you will really get a bang for your buck – I would advise steering clear of basics (a white tee that is on sale for $18 from $22 is barely a deal in my book and the quality on these items are lower than what you can get at other retailers for the same price.)
This post is not written with the intention to make you feel like you need to shop the sale. If anything, I hope that this post can give you inspiration to put together looks with similar pieces already in your closet and get you excited for fall!
Who Can Shop The Sale?
The sale is broken down into Early Access days based on what level you are as a cardholder. If you have a Nordy card you can check your status in the app or online by logging into your account. More info on Nordstrom cards here. I will attach a photo below with early access details, everyone can shop the 19th of August! In addition to that, everyone can preview the sale online NOW – all prices go up August 31st!
What Is Worth Spending My Money On?
In my opinion the best things to spend on include:
- Beauty & Home
- Gifts – Christmas
- Investment pieces – a nice watch, sunglasses, cashmere etc. I like sticking with classic pieces and neutrals!
My 2020 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks
Disclaimer: If you click through any of my links and make a purchase (not even specifically the item you clicked on) I will receive a small commission. Thank you for shopping through my links!
- Slip Silk Pillowcase Set– There are so many benefits to sleeping on silk, I do not own these but they are raved about and I may add them to my Christmas list this year!
- Kate Sommerville Exfolikate XL – The best physical exfoliant in a jumbo size. Formulated with Pumpkin, Papaya and Pineapple enzymes, will make your skin so soft and give you that “I just had a facial” glow!
- GHD 1 1/4 Curling Iron
- Nest Diffuser Duo – Makes a sweet hostess gifts or great to keep in bathrooms!
- Detox Dry Shampoo Jumbo Size – My absolute favorite dry shampoo, I will be purchasing this
- Jo Malone Hand and Body Wash Jumbo Size in Wood Sage and Sea Salt – I am a lover of Jo Malone! This is a great value (compared to their regular size and price) and would make a wonderful gift!
- Bobbi Brown Lip Duo – A go-to beauty brand, I love this shade and think this would be good to grab as holiday gifts!
- Blush Striped PJ Set – Too cute and great price for a set.
- Cognac Booties – I love the silhouette of these and the classic cognac hue. These are on my list to purchase during the sale! Almost 50% off!
- Capri Blue Candle – I always keep Capri-Blue candles on hand for gifts and to light throughout our home. The volcano scent is light and fresh! (I linked the mini size but they do have the larger size on sale too)
- Diptyque Votive Set – A luxury candle brand, these would be good to break up as gifts!
- Halogen Tweed Jacket – A classic wardrobe piece.
- White Sneakers
- Gold Prong Studs – I received these for Christmas last year and wear them almost daily!
- Patagonia Puffer Jacket
- Gray Plaid Jacket – I think this would look so cute with jeans and loafers or booties and a scarf through fall and winter!
- Camel Notched Collar Wool Blend Coat – Can’t go wrong with a camel coat in my opinion! Have my eye on this one from the sale.
- Barbour Quilted Jacket – Classic style, I think the olive shade is a fun twist from the black!
- RL Black Military Wool Blend Coat – Beautiful to dress up or down!
Thank you for stopping by, leave me a comment if you enjoy posts like this!